West O Chamber
Chamber Coordinator Job Description
Part - Time Position (approx 20-30 hours per week)
Resumes may be e-mailed in Word format to: email@example.com
You can also mail your resume to:
West O Chamber
20801 Elkhorn Drive
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Position is part time and reports to Executive Director, Board Chair and Vice-Chair and entire Board of Directors. You will be responsible for billing, social media, and more.
$15 per hour
Six paid holidays off per year – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Management, business, marketing, administration or other relevant field experience is preferred; Chamber of Commerce or non-profit organization experience helpful; Ability to juggle priorities is essential; and experience working with volunteer boards, membership associations, community development issues, and fundraising is preferred. A focus on bookkeeping and event planning is a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to achieve the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical—the individual must be able to use clear, logical steps and excellent judgment to understand the issues.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Time Management Skills – Tasks will have to be prioritized and completed in a timely manner. Being able to demonstrate and promote improvements and accuracy is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all phone calls, reply to email requests and answer questions on behalf of the Executive Director
- Submit a weekly email blast to our mailing list
- Daily social media posts
- Assist with the planning of monthly events including Coffee and Connections, After Hours and Chamber Luncheons
- Coordinate and assist with ribbon cuttings each month
- Major annual events include the Scholarship Luncheon, Annual Awards Banquet, Pancake Feed, Scholarship Golf Tournament, West O Expo, Holiday Food Basket Program, Wine Walk and more. These events will involve a possible increase in hours or a different schedule as we ask that you attend them.
- Organization and track Ambassador committee
- Mail out and email all invoices once per month and notify Executive Director of any outstanding membership dues
The Chamber Coordinator must be able to work well with staff and volunteers. Organizational and communication skills are important to the success of Chamber projects.